What is this august award pray tell?
|Hearts, there are friggin’ hearts on my blog now.|
Christina Fawn, who has been captaining Tin & Phoenix through the murky depths of the blogosphere, has seen fit to recognize the Camp of Praetorians with this envious distinction. Though the rules specify nominated blogs must have less than 200 followers, Christina maintains some of mine may be infected by zombie plague and therefore do not qualify as human followers. Thanks Christina! Not only has your out of the box thinking garnered me a blog award, but now the CDC has decreed anyone who stops by Castra Praetoria will be subject to a blood screening. How cool is that?
But it’s not just as simple as that folks. There are responsibilities associated with being a recipient of the Liebster. They are:
1. Copy and paste the award on our blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
3. Pick your five favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers, and leave a comment on their blog to let them know they have received the award.
4. Hope that the five blogs chosen will keep spreading the love and pass it on to five more blogs.
5. Eliminate infected blog followers by traumatic brain injury and burn the corpses to prevent cross contamination.
Okay, so I made up #5 but the other four are legit so without further ado I present the Liebster too…
1: Marion’s Meepings. What you say? NavyOne already awarded Pax this recognition? I care not! As America’s 1stSgt I invoke my unilateral power to do as I see fit. Despite her gastrointestinal faults, Pax is a generous mil-supporter and hat appropriator. We shall choose to overlook her fascination with kittens and other cuddly things.
2: CI-Roller Dude. CI Roller has been a reader of CP from way back. He has the perspective of not only a professional soldier but a police officer as well. You will notice the word “professional” before “soldier.” I make the distinction on purpose.
3: The SandGram. Taco did me a solid a while back accepting the 2010 Milbloggie award for best Marine blog on my behalf. I still haven’t received anything from him so I can only assume he is safely keeping all my loot in anticipation of my return Stateside. Here is some video of him basking in all my glory…
TacoBell Accepting the Milbloggie from You Served Radio & Blog on Vimeo.
4. Hell In A Basket. Leslie is a frequent commenter and a passionate Soldiers Angel. Anyone who looks out for the tribe is worth looking out for. Perhaps this acknowledgement will inspire her to post something!
5. Insane Diego. be603 is another regular to the camp and although he is also an air winger we’ll do what we can to not hold it against him. His son and heir is also a jarhead. This is a running theme in the Corps as the propaganda doesn’t fall far from the tree.
There, I believe I have fulfilled all my obligations as a Liebstererer. Stop by these blogs and give them a shout. Because, you know, that whole lurking thing just creeps me out.